Our work assists the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) to implement the Government’s defence policy – to secure and protect New Zealand and its interests.
The NZDF’s Future 35 Strategy (F35) sets the direction of how the Defence Force will meet New Zealand’s defence and security needs out to 2035.
It shows how the Services will become more integrated in the way they work, train and operate (at home and abroad) to fulfil the NZDF’s vision of Joint Operational Excellence.
Our research, science and technology activities make an important contribution to the delivery of this vision.
We support this vision by:
- providing scientific advice to support acquisitions and operations
- providing solutions to technical problems as they arise
- identifying and assessing future technologies to enhance the NZDF’s capabilities
- developing technologies that provide new capabilities
- enhancing the use and extending the lifespan of current capabilities.